Monday 18 June 2012

Island of Colours

Burano Island, a place full of happiness and a colorful fairy tale world that I wish to have my long holidays there one day. Burano located in Venice. The island has known for its colorful houses, where residents can follow their favorite color to paint their own house, so this island also called as “multicolor island”. I love this place so much; it seems to be in paradise. Children dart freely with their bicycles, balconies with multicolored flowers, fishermen who put up fresh fish from their traditional boats.



The typical Burano’s houses are mainly squared-shaped and divided into two or three floors. The matching colors of the house are so unique and prefect, I like it so much. How these brightly coloured buildings inspired me? The colours that paints every block uniquely on the favor of their owners tells me that everybody has their own colour as in their own talent or natural beauty. It inspires me that it’s ok for everyone to be individually different.

Burano is also a lace making paradise, lace that so popular among the clothing fashion now. They also use lace to do the mask for the Venice mask carnival. Their lace is mostly white in color. Lace can use for many purposes, such as handcraft, wedding gown, tablecloth, umbrella and even clothing for today. Lace also one of the art materials, I, as an art lover, lace and color also help me a lot in my artwork. All the laces nicely decorated tell me that a presentable look attracts and catches the eyes of the audience. Such presentable looks brings out outer confidence and elegance in oneself as they dress up to impress.


References

1st and 2nd images:
Shaves. (2012, April). How’s the colour in your ‘hood….Retrieved from  http://www.shavepaints.co.za/index.php/2012/03/hows-the-colour-in-your-hood


3rd,4th and 5th image:
mediterranean. (2010, December 9). Burano . Retrieved from colorineverydaylife http://colorineverydaylife.wordpress.com/category/mediterranean/





No comments:

Post a Comment