Sunday 26 August 2012

Incredibly Intricate Paper Cutting

“Wow!” This was my first impression when I saw this incredibly intricate paper cutting design by Hina Aoyama. I’m really attracted with her brilliant paper cutting artwork. Hina Aoyama, a Japanese artist living in France masterfully cuts details into sheets of paper to create these super fine, lacy, and fragile artworks. With just a simple pair of scissors, Aoyama is able to create super fine lacy-paper-cuttings like small butterfly wings, the fine script of a handwritten letter, and the details of a lotus flower.

 With intense patience, attention to detail, and a steady hand, Aoyama’s distinctive technique results in these hand-cut masterpieces, created across the course of hours and sometimes months. Her designs truly amaze me; I have never seen such delicate and perfect paper cutting on the scale of Aoyama’s work, and I am particularly impressed with the cursive text cuts shown below. Just cannot imagine how much effort and patience needed to get that fine script of a handwritten letter. All her artwork truly inspired me to be patience and creative with artworks.



 Like many other that inspires me, artworks need to be creative and significant to satisfy ourselves’ and Hina Aoyama, her artworks tells me that patience is the key of success. Like people always say, “Patience is virtue” or like in some movies, “Best thing comes when we wait”. With patience, I am able to take mistakes in my life and take them as lessons to be learned so that I can improve in future. Her artworks really require adequate amounts of patience and that is something I really need in order to make a great artwork.

Reference:
Image

Hina Aoyama. (2012). Tchiyu Art. Retrieved from http://www.masajiart.gr.jp/chiyu-art/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment